Monday, November 01, 2004

where'd it go?

If we "gained" an hour this past weekend, why do I feel like I lost time? I feel like I haven't slept for days, yet I've slept like a log the past two nights. Enough whining.....

Very good weekend. Started Friday at noon, with lunch and golf at The Governor's Club. Unbelievably beautiful course! And the houses - minimum square footage is 5,000, but there was one on the 18th fairway that HAD to be 10,000-12,000 square feet. Won't be moving into that neighborhood anytime soon! An old friend of mine from Otter Creek, Steve Speake, was in the foursome, and that was a nice surprise. My game was pretty pitiful, but it was fun. The course doesn't drain too well, so unless you picked the ball clean off the turf, you got a face-full of mud. I washed some mud out of my hair when I got home.

The bride and I had our date, and ate at Green Hills Grille in Cool Springs. We even ate on the patio since the temperature was about 75. Very nice evening. Went to the Galleria Mall after supper and walked around. There's a Christmas tree/decoration store set up, and I could have spent a couple of hours in there. I'm ready for Christmas......

Saturday was nice. Didn't have to get up too early. Watched the first quarter of the UT/SC game. Left for Pumpkinfest at the start of the second quarter, which was probably for the best. The old bp was climbing fast, as UT got off to a horrible start. I taped it and watched it when I got back. The bride likes it better when I watch the game after I know the outcome. I kept up with the score all afternoon on my cell phone and by asking men who had headphones on. We manned the putt-putt booth for about 45 minutes, and it was at times dangerous. Michael, one of the other volunteers at the booth, almost got hit several times. We weren't aware that men were to bring athletic cups, but there were times when they were needed. After our stint at the booth, we walked around downtown Franklin. Perfect weather for the event, although some thought it was too warm.

Sunday was pretty much a lazy day. Church, lunch, then the Titans game on TV. First home win of the season! Did some stuff in the yard, then we handed out candy for Halloween. Sort of a low turnout this year. Alot of cute kids, though. My favorite costume this year was the Dorothy costume from The Wizard of Oz. Tons of them out there at Pumpkinfest! I love messing with kids, telling them that I'm trading candy instead of giving it out. Alot of funny looks on their faces. I guess most kids have boring fathers....

Hard to believe it's November already. Thanksgiving is in 24 days, and Christmas is only 54 days away. Funny how time is relative. Kids think their birthdays take forever to come around, and adults can't believe how fast their birthdays arrive. "When's it coming?" vs. "Where'd it go?"

No comments: