Friday, November 26, 2004

i love vacation days.....

Yep, I could get used to days like this. Sleep until I want to get up, rather than having the alarm wake me. Eat breakfast when I want, and read the paper at a leisurely pace. I actually had to go out and pick up a few things this morning, and the crowds weren't too bad out here. I assume all the crowds were in and around the mall, but there was no way I was going to get near the Cool Springs area today.

The bride's family came over tonight. Instead of having Thanksgiving Day leftovers, we opted for Santa Fe soup. It's like chili, but it's got other stuff in it. It was a great change from yesterday's food, even though I loved yesterday's menu. We'll have more Thanksgiving food tomorrow at Julie's in Cookeville. I think the men will be close to a television; at least I hope we will be. The UT/Kentucky game kicks off at 11:30, and we're supposed to eat at noon. After the game, I'm supposed to play Chutes and Ladders with Grace. I know, you're jealous...... I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, especially Mom and Dad. We haven't seen them since Labor Day weekend. We'll be back home tomorrow evening.

When I think about it, being able to celebrate Thanksgiving for three straight days is a big blessing. That's just one of many blessings for which I'm thankful this year.

No comments: