Thursday, November 04, 2004

just some random stuff

No real topic today, just some random stuff:

Ever notice how personal information to a nosy, meddlesome person is like food to other people? It's as if their very existence depends upon how much trivial information they know about other people.

I've noticed that blogspot.com seems to be much faster today. All the political pontifications were clogging up the pipes, thereby slowing down the traffic.

Meg's been sick for the past couple of days. I think her social energy meter is running pretty low. Hopefully she'll start to feel better today.

The bride and I may actually have another date night this weekend! Sara's going to a sleepover, and Meg can pretty much fend for herself, so we'll do something. I had first suggested a movie followed by dinner, but the funds in the checking account may not be sufficient to do both. Then I remembered the UT/Notre Dame game Saturday afternoon. It won't be over until 5:30 or 6:00, and since we only go to the cheap-ticket movies before 5:30, it'll have to just be dinner somewhere. Maybe somewhere with a coupon!

Have you ever clicked on the "Next Blog" button on blogspot.com sites? Man, there are some interesting people blogging out there. Some are pretty entertaining, and I've got a few I read on a regular basis. But there are a few whackos out there. Oh, well, there are probably a few people who say that about my blog.

I may have ticked my youngest sister off yesterday. I called her husband about a '65 Mustang that I saw in the classified section of the company newsletter. Dale just sold his '68, and I think Julie was glad it was gone. Hey, what are older brothers for, anyway?

The OC and North Shore season premiers are tonight, and the bride and I are pumped! It (getting hooked on teen-based dramas) all began for us with Beverly Hills, 90210 several years ago. When it went off the air, we got hooked on Dawson's Creek. We're ready for the new episodes of The OC and North Shore. The cool thing about The OC is that they've been able to successfully blend the teen stories in with their parents' stories. Personally, I really like Desperate Housewives. I think it's the best new show of the season.

Heard about Latrelle Sprewell's latest ignorant statement? Sprewell is looking for a contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves. He's set to make $14.6 million this season. When asked about why he wanted the contract extension, he said, "I've got my family to feed." Dude, that's weak. How many families could take your money from this year and live out the rest of their lives? Tell you what, if things get tight, just sell your $5m yacht in the off-season. That should get you through the end of 2005......

No comments: