Thursday, November 18, 2004

relief.....

Board meeting's over, everything went well. I used to work at a place where the president dreaded the monthly board meetings. Her relationship with the board was so much more adversarial. Now I'm in that position, and it's not that way at all for me. I figure we both want to succeed, so why not work together to achieve the best results? If they question things, it's not an attack on me - that's their job. The funny thing is that when I looked at next year's budget, I saw potential questions that they might have and prepared myself for them. The questions they asked had nothing to do with what I thought might be concerns. Two different perspectives, both valid. I had the answers, and they seemed to be satisfied with them. Anyway.....

Choir practice went well last night. My buddy, Kimmy, talked me into going. I had this fear that she'd stand me up, but she did show. She talked to the worship minister, told him that she and I used to sing at OC, and he wants us to audition for the Praise Team. Pretty cool!

The house still has a bit of a smell, but it's getting better. Our home will be bombarded with teenagers tomorrow night, about a dozen of them. Sara says she's going to spy on them. That might come in handy.

Mom's ultrasound didn't reveal any instant answers. They're going to compare it with the CT scan sometime next week and go from there.

I really want to go Christmas shopping, but I'm not sure what to buy for my girls yet. I guess I'm a bit unusual for a guy because I like to shop. I like going to malls and walking around. I like having something to look for and finally finding it, especially if I get a good deal on it. I've found a new place for bargains called Essex Technology Group here in Nashville. They buy close-outs, factory returns and stuff like that, then sell it to the public. No big warranties, but very good prices if you're willing to take a chance. I saw some big screen tv's for under $500. I'd LOVE to find an inexpensive dvd recorder with a hard drive over there. Wish I still believed in Santa Claus, maybe he'd bring me one......

Time to get ready for an employee meeting. Have I mentioned how much fun those are?

No comments: