Tuesday, November 16, 2004

7 days and counting

Seven days from now, I'll be looking at five straight days off and I'm ready for it. Actually, after a big meeting on Thursday, I should be able to start gearing down for the rest of the year. That will be nice, too. Not that I'll be able to just sit and read at work, but the work should be less urgent and stressful.

Thanksgiving is just 9 days away, and I'm looking forward to it. We'll stay in and around town this year. We alternate with both sets of parents - one year in East Tennessee, the next here. So Thanksgiving day, the bride's family will be over. On Friday, we'll start decorating the house for Christmas. Then on Saturday, we'll head up to Cookeville and spend the day with my family. Mom and Dad are coming down to Cookeville for the weekend, so we'll get to spend some time with them. We haven't seen them since Labor Day weekend, so this will be nice. Oh, and next Wednesday, the bride, the daughters and I will all go to see Christmas with The Kranks. I'm really looking forward to that.

I went into TJ Maxx at lunch today and heard some Christmas music. When I got back in my office, I decided to put on some Christmas jazz. I listened to about 4 songs and had to stop. I just am not ready for it yet. My thing has always been that I don't listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving, so it just seems a bit early for me. I'm in the Christmas mood, but the music-listening just isn't there yet.

I've got a meeting after work today, so I'll be late getting home. This is a regular monthly meeting that takes place, but I only participate about twice a year. Same people, same issues every month, so twice a year is about all I need. Then tomorrow night, I'm going to try choir practice at church. I miss doing that. I miss singing on the Praise Team at Otter Creek. I haven't done anything like that for over two years, so I'm looking forward to doing this even if it doesn't lead to anything else in the future.

Well, I've got an employee meeting here in a few minutes. Loads of fun......

No comments: