Monday, November 15, 2004

busy (but good) weekend

Meg and I had a date Friday night. We went to the Mellow Mushroom in downtown Franklin for dinner. Very cool place. After dinner, we ran some errands and just spent time together. Yep, my firstborn is growing up. She's turning into a beautiful young lady, and I'm very proud of her. And even though she reminds me of myself at that age every now and then, I STILL love her!

Susie picked up the Christmas cards Friday afternoon from Sam's. I took it upon myself Thursday afternoon to decide on the picture and card design, and just place the order. Last year, we waited until the week after Thanksgiving, and it took over a week to get them. This year, we're on the ball, ordered early, and we got them in less than 24 hours. Plus, there was a little controversy concerning which picture to use. I've known since July which one, but no everyone agreed with me. However, they turned out great, and everyone's pleased.

Saturday I came into work for a few hours, trying to get caught up on a few things. After my board meeting Thurdsday, things should start to slow down a bit for the rest of the year. I left work, and did a little browsing and Christmas shopping. I worked on a shelf/cubby hole thing for Sara's classroom the rest of the day. (When I checked on how it would fit into the planned space, I found that it was about 1/16" too wide, but I think I fixed that problem last night.)

Sunday was church and Sunday School, then lunch, cubby work and mowing. I went upstairs around 7:00 and laid on the couch. I almost fell asleep within 5 minutes. I'm getting old, guys. I'm finding that weekends need to have some downtime in there for me to recharge my batteries. This past weekend, there just wasn't enough time for that.

Here it is again, Monday morning. I'd love to shut my door and sleep until lunch, but that's just not possible. However, if you call me this morning and there's no answer, just leave a message. I'll get back with you when I wake up.....I mean, after I get out of my meeting. Yeah, that's it, my meeting.....

No comments: