Friday, October 29, 2004

half-days are great

Before coming to my present job, I worked in the same industry, but in a much larger company. Going from upper management to head person was nice, what I had always wanted to do all along. One of the perks of being in a larger company is that vendors love you, want to sell you all kinds of things, and end up taking you to play golf quite a bit between the months of March and October. (Once at a convention in Memphis, we even had a vendor take us to Tunica, Mississppi in a white stretch limo. When I see those guys these days, even though that's been over 10 years ago, that trip is one of the first things we talk about.) Perks like that are a little more scarce here. We do most of the same things, just on a smaller scale. Sales can be made, but the profit margins are smaller for vendors.

Every now and then a vendor will call with a tee time, and today is one such day. It's Friday, with a forcasted high of 82 and sunny, I'm in the office until 11:00, then off to vendor lunch and vendor golf at an exclusive country club . I'm telling you, it doesn't get much better than that for me. Plus, the bride and I have a date tonight! This has the makings of a really nice day......

No comments: