Saturday, October 02, 2004

and so it goes.....

Well, it's 8:27 PM, and it looks like the Vols are going down hard tonight. Auburn's already up 31-3 at the half. Rather than subject my coronary system to an assault (i.e. heart attack), I believe I'll have to forego the second half. I hate waiting for a game all day long only to watch them lay an egg in front of a national television audience. I do have to admit, Auburn is for real. They look good on both sides of the ball, so my hat's off to them. Only problem is Sara now has to face her teacher (an Auburn grad) Monday morning.....

It's been a nice couple of days off. Got the painting done in the kitchen. Ran Moore Miles with Sara, so she raised a little money for the school. Susie and I ate at a neat place in downtown Franklin Friday for lunch called Sandy's. They're catering the after-party for the premier of "Friday Night Lights" on Monday. Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Martina McBride and others will be there. After lunch, we walked around "Mayberry" (I say that very affectionately) for a while. Came home and just bummed around the rest of the afternoon. Went to the Centennial-Franklin high school football game that night. Franklin was undefeated, and they still are. Centennial gave the game away, and the play-calling on the final drive to potentially put them on top was horrendous. Football just hasn't been good for me this weekend.

On a bright note, our softball team won its double-header today. 14-4 in the first, and 10-6 in the second. Our pitcher was completely on for both games, with over a dozen strikeouts. Plus, a couple of our hitters had some bombs, so that was good.

I dread going back to work on Monday. When I'm off a few days, it's always difficult to get back into the swing of things. I'm quite sure I'm going to enjoy retirement, but I've got another 25 years (at least) before that will happen. I do like my job, but I like setting my own agenda even better. I could get used to more relaxed mornings.

Congratulations to Chris and Kathy for being able to get out of town alone this weekend. Even if it did cause UT to lose (they lose every time Kathy goes to Neyland), it was good for them to get away by themselves. Of course, I'm kidding about Kathy being a jinx (a little). I love them both and hope they have a great weekend.

OK, my heart rate is back down, so I can resume my evening. Next week the Vols go to Georgia, the team that embarrassed LSU earlier today. I'm sure my heart will get another workout then......

No comments: