Monday, April 18, 2005

weekend wrap-up.....

Beautiful weather this weekend! Great time of the year to be out and about.

Sara and her friend Chloe had their birthday party Friday night. Parties have changed quite a bit over the years. No more just getting 12 kids together for cake and ice cream and presents. Nope, these two girls wanted to invite one friend each and go shopping at the mall. We took them all to Cool Springs Galleria. The first thing they wanted to do was eat - in the food court. After that, each girl was given some cash and they had a ball spending it. Yep, different kind of birthday party. The funniest line of the night? I don't think I was supposed to hear it, but one of the girls said, "Um, I just burped, so if something stinks, that's what it is." Then she followed it up with, "Yeah, but something that really stinks is one of ****'s farts!" This was met with a raucous erruption of laughter by all four girls. Such delicate flowers.....

A good part of Saturday was spent on ballgames. Meg's team won, Sara's team lost. Meg started at 2nd and made several plays there. She also had 4 or 5 hits. They've got a good team again this year. Sara had a hit and played 1st most of the game. Her teams bats were stone cold again. Hopefully they'll be able to get things going again tonight. The bride and I spent a romantic afternoon after the ballgames in the car, driving around looking at replacement windows that had been installed by the three different companies we've looked at already. The more we see, the more confused we are. We're just sitting on it for a couple of days, and we'll hopefully have a decision made within a few days.

Yesterday after church, both cars were washed inside and out. Then the bride and I had another romantic outing at Home Depot. I came back and mowed, then we took a walk around the neighborhood. I finished up the evening by getting my weed and feed out. Very busy, but productive, day.

17 years ago this week, I was getting ready to marry a beautiful brunette. 17 years later, I'm still married to that beautiful brunette. Saturday is our anniversary, and we plan to go out somewhere other than Home Depot or Sam's. I've been blessed countless ways during my life, but being able to share my life with the bride is one of greatest blessings I've ever received.....

No comments: