Tuesday, April 26, 2005

just some stuff.....

The weekend was very nice. Although we almost FROZE TO DEATH watching softball games, we did survive. Sara's team lost, I think they were shivering too much to hit and field the ball. Meg's team won, and she had a grand slam! After Meg's game, we went to Franklin's Main Street Festival to watch Sara and the jump rope team perform. The grand finale was Sara and Karis doing simultaneous round-offs into the double-dutch ropes. Very cool.

That night, the bride and I went to J Alexanders for supper. We didn't realize that both Franklin and Page had their proms Saturday night, so there was a bit of a wait. It would have been worse had we not called ahead before arriving. The waitress was very good, and got us out of there in time for our movie, Guess Who. Funny movie! Very nice night out. We even had enough left on the gift card from JA to go back for dessert one night.

Sunday was a nothing day for me, as in "I did nothing but go to church and class, then came home and hung out in the den" kind of nothing day. I guess I could have done something more productive, but it was nice to get to do nothing for a change.

Yesterday I attended a "Get Motivated" seminar. I got to hear Zig Ziglar, Rudolph Giuliani, Payton Manning, Steve McNair and others speak. All in all, a very good seminar. I took one of my board members, and the cost was just $49 for both of us. How do they make money like that? Some of the speakers have "get-rich" methods to sell. After their presentation, you can buy into their methods for just $500 or something like that. Call me cynical, but I would think it takes more five hours a week to make $35k profit off of real estate each month.....

Last night, Sara's team won. Sara pitched the whole game, struck out three and made some good defensive plays. Her walk in the last inning brought in the winning run. We're undefeated on Mondays, but have yet to win on a Saturday. Maybe that'll change this weekend. Tonight, Meg's team is supposed to play, but it's been raining all day, so it might get called.

No comments: