Wednesday, April 13, 2005

back to square one.....maybe.....

First of all, let me just say that I hate shopping for windows. I don't dislike it, I hate it. I hope I haven't offended anyone who likes shopping for windows. Not only is it time-consuming, but it's no fun to have salesmen calling to ask you "what could I do to earn your business?" I have your number, I'll call you if I need anything.

The bride and I had a second visit from the salesman that we thought we were going to buy our replacement windows from last night. We weren't sure about having the grids installed in the new windows, so we decided to look at a few houses that this company had recently done. We only looked at two houses, but we were both disappointed with what we saw. (This, after we thought we had made a decision.) The windows, while they looked like the other companies' windows that we saw in the demos, seemed to have very skinny frames. This would be a big difference from our windows now, and we're not sure we want to see that big of a difference.

On the positive side, perhaps we avoided an expensive mistake. Plus, we now know what we need to be looking for and asking about. On the negative side, we may be starting the process all over again. So if you call us at home and we don't answer, don't be offended. Your phone number may look very much like a window company's number, and we may be dodging them for awhile.....

No comments: