Wednesday, March 01, 2006

too much of a good thing.....

I read recently that the average American now watches 28 hours of television a week. Over the past 72 hours, I helped push that average up just a bit.

I could feel it coming on Friday night, but I was resolved to prevent it. It started with a scratchy throat and a deep cough. By Saturday night I had a fever. For the next few days, I alternated between the couch and bed. And I watched television. Lots of television, and several movies that I'd taped over the past couple of months.

And I learned alot. I now know the names and phone numbers of all the personal injury lawyers in the Nashville area. I know more about certain female products sold than even a man married for 18 years should know. And I know that "Different World" is on from 10 until 11 every weekday morning on Oxygen. That last one's pretty bad, I know. But nothing is worse than what I'm about to tell you.

I was apparently delirious from my fever, because I agreed to watch the last hour or so of "The Bachelor" with the bride on Monday night. Not only did I agree to watch it, but I actually made comments like "Who do you think he'll pick?" and "Moana's too high-maintenance." Yeah, my illness was that bad.

Maybe it's just the virus/flu bug that's still in me doing the talking, but I sure do hope that Sarah and Travis make it here in Nashville.....

No comments: