Friday, March 03, 2006

happiness is.....

We have a customer who comes in every week. His name is Davey. Davey's life revolves around two things - the Pittsburgh Steelers and NASCAR. He was in a little earlier today, all decked out in his new Steelers cap and sweatshirt. I told him how much I liked his Seattle cap, and he smiled then laughed.

Davey's probably about 35 and still lives at home with his mom. His dad passed away a few years ago, so it's just the two of them. He's never had a job, never dated anyone, and will never be able to drive. But every time I see Davey, he's smiling. I've never seen him not smiling. And he's happy. Some may say that he doesn't know any better, but so what? He's content. I've read somewhere that contentment is a major component of happiness.

To Davey, happiness is simply living his life. And the Super Bowl win didn't hurt either.....

No comments: