Monday, March 06, 2006

like watching cold maple syrup pour out of a bottle.....

I tried watching the Oscars last night, I really did. I like Jon Stewart and I thought he did an OK job from what I saw. But there's just so much you can do to make a non-music award show interesting.

Of all the movies up for best picture, the only one the bride and I had seen was "Crash". It was a very good movie. However, it was at times very hard to watch. Some scenes actually made me uncomfortable.

Glad to see Reese Witherspoon with for best actress. Always good to see a Nashville girl get her due.

I guess the biggest problem the Oscars had last night was its competition on other channels, specifically TV Land. They had an Andy Griffith marathon on Saturday and Sunday in honor of Don Knotts. And let's face it, who wants to watch an award being presented for best short-feature documentary for Icelandic midget tossing when you can watch Barney Fife go up against Ernest T. Bass.....

No comments: