Thursday, March 09, 2006

this is fun to do.....


Occasionally when the bride is out and about during the day, instead of calling her on her cell phone I'll send her a text message via the Internet. I did that yesterday.

The funny thing is that she was out shopping with her mother and she began to read it aloud when she received it. It was nothing bad, especially for two people who've been married for almost 18 years. (Very PG-rated in nature, nothing I wouldn't say in front of our daughters. I basically told her that she was the very air that I breathe or something along those lines.) But she didn't make it past the first three words, became embarrassed, said "Oh!", then closed her phone. She didn't even get to the part of the message that told her I had an errand to run after work and would therefore be home a little late today. She did, however, remember to go back and read the message after she dropped her mother off later that afternoon.

I felt like I'd passed her a note at school and she had to wait until she got home to read it all alone in her room behind her locked bedroom door.....

No comments: