Tuesday, March 21, 2006

wrong number.....


The caller ID feature is great. I've got it at work, at home and on my wireless phone. I especially appreciate it at work because I can always tell when that annoying ad-specialties salesman from Memphis is calling to tell me what great deal he has that I certainly can't live without today (even though I've told him time after time that I'm quite pleased with my current vendor and asked him not to call me any more).

This morning I was awakened from a sound sleep at 12:23 by a noise, but my mind simply could not register where it was coming from. I immediately reached for the alarm clock even though it didn't sound like my alarm going off. Then I sat up in bed and looked around the room, still stupified by the noise. (I'm not all there when I'm woken up in the middle of the night.) By the time I realized it was my cell phone and had gone to get it, the caller had hung up. And I didn't recognize the phone number. Wrong number, I guess. I turned the ringer off just in case they decided to dial the number incorrectly again.

So if you're one of the few people I know who has my cell phone number and you called me last night, do me a favor and call me during the day time. Because if you're looking for someone to be coherent with you in the middle of the night, you're barking up the wrong tree.....

No comments: