Wednesday, May 11, 2005

walk this way.....

In about 24 hours, the bride and I will be part of a group of around 100 who will begin the annual 4th-grade walk at Moore Elementary. Tomorrow's course will take us 18 miles, and Friday's will finish out the other 10. For those of you keeping score at home, that's 28 miles in 2 days.

Right now, the bride's not sure about her availability. She's got a sinus infection, and could go on the DL. She was able to get a doctor's appointment for today, so hopefully he'll give her some drugs to get rid of the infection. I think I've got a sinus infection warming up in the bullpen, but with my luck mine probably won't kick in until 4 AM Friday morning. But I've got to stay positive, and do the "mind over matter" thing.

I'm actually looking forward to the walk. There are a bunch of good kids at Moore, and I've gotten to know alot of them over the past 5 years. The kids will play outside once we reach Hillsboro Middle School in Lieper's Fork, and the parents will collapse. Sometime before lights out tomorrow night, there's supposed to be this big pin-dodgeball game between the parents and the kids in the gym. I think we've got a settle-down period between 9:00 and 10:00, then sleep is to begin at 10:00. We are to wake up at 6:00 and leave by 7:30. I think we should reach Moore by around 2:30 on Friday. That night may be a Ci Ci's (pizza) night, followed by an early bedtime.

Keep us all in your prayers.....

1 comment:

cac said...

good luck!