Monday, May 23, 2005

i didn't lose my mind.....

In between church and Sunday school yesterday, I saw one of the kids from the youth group with a shirt that read: "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on e-bay." I told the bride about it, and she said I needed one. A t-shirt like that, not a brain. Just wanted to clear that up.

I'd been thinking about getting some different golf clubs. I bought some new ones last August off of e-bay. Brand new, great price, exactly what I wanted. I played three rounds with them and my game got worse with each round. I hated them, had no confidence in them at all.

When I got in from work Thursday afternoon, I started cleaning my clubs. The bride said, "Are you playing golf tomorrow?" I told her how much I disliked the clubs, and thought I'd try selling them on e-bay. After cleaning them up, I took some digital pictures of them and posted them on e-bay. In less than 17 hours, I had them sold to a guy in Roseville, California. Turns out he'd been looking at these clubs for several months, and my maximum asking price was what he was willing to pay. It's a win-win.

So I've started shopping for new clubs. The irony of it all is that I'm looking to buy the same clubs that I had before last August. There are two reasons for this: first, I'm comfortable and confident with them, and second, I can't afford to get what I'd really like to have. But that's OK. I don't get to play that often anyway, so I can't justify putting more into the clubs right now.

I used to think that e-bay was pretty much for nerds that sat around looking for Star Wars and Dungeons and Dragons stuff. But these days, I don't buy anything without checking there first. I wonder if I can get college tuition on e-bay......

No comments: