Monday, May 30, 2005

early father's day present.....

Yesterday, we did the late service at church. The bride was scheduled to help out in the infant nursery, so it was just me and the girls in the worship service together. And it was special.

Don't get me wrong, I love to worship with the bride by my side. But it's very rare that I get to worship along side our daughters. Meg's usually sitting with her friends, and Sara is usually in class during the early worship time. The two things that stood out for me yesterday morning were:
  • As we were going into the auditorium, Meg asked if we were having communion during the service. Sara said, "Communion? Oh, boy!" Some people may read this and think that she's going into it with the wrong attitude, but I would have to disagree. I think God would be a whole lot more pleased with us if we'd get excited about remembering Him.
  • About midway through the service, we were standing and singing a praise song. I happened to catch a glimpse of Meg from the corner of my eye, and she had this peaceful, sincere, glad look on her face as she was singing. It wasn't just words she was singing, she actually felt and meant the words she was singing.

I stopped and bowed my head, thanking God for the gift of our daughters. No, they aren't perfect, but I see in them the makings of two wonderful young ladies. It was a very nice early father's day present.....

No comments: