Friday, May 06, 2005

having trouble moving.....

I played golf today a tournament. Not well, mind you, but I played.

So after 18 holes, I came home and had the bright idea to go walking with the 4th graders (and other parents, including the bride) at Sara's school. They've been training for their big 28-mile walk/hike that's scheduled for next Thursday and Friday for the past couple of months. I agreed to go on the trip last year, and the bride decided a couple of months ago that she would go, too. The bride has practiced with them almost every day; because of when they practice, I had only been able to go once before today. They walk for 45 minutes Mondays through Wednesdays, then each Friday they add 15 minutes to their walking time. Today was the longest walk, starting at 3:45 and ending at 6:15. Other than the 20-minute break, we walked the whole time. And we logged 8.5 miles.

I've got a detailed schedule for the trip, but here's the gist of it: a bus drives us to the Natchez Trace, and we do a variety of trails and road walking. The first day we'll cover 18 miles. We'll spend the night at Hillsboro Middle School. Now, when I say "we'll spend the night", I mean the dads and the kids. The bride and several other moms will come back home to sleep in their own beds and take long baths and stuff like that. We're scheduled to get up at 6:00 AM the next morning. I'm sure we'll be completely refreshed after sleeping on the gym floor the night before. We'll cover 10 miles on the second day. That night I plan to get in bed by 6:30......

No comments: