Tuesday, June 10, 2008

weekend movies.....

The bride and I watched a couple of movies this weekend. She chose one, I chose the other. Guess which one I liked? In fairness, the one she chose was one that Meg had already rented. And I did tell her, “OK, I just want you to know that you’re forcing me to watch a movie starring Eva Longoria.”

We watched “Over Her Dead Body” on Friday night. Gentlemen, a bit of advice for you if your lovely wife or girlfriend ever asks you to watch this movie: be sure to bring a fork because you’re going to want to stab out your eyeballs at some point during this movie. I’ll watch chick flicks, but this was absolutely terrible. And to top it all off, Ms. Longoria’s hair was too light. That’s just not right.

On Saturday night we watched “Reign Over Me” with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Excellent movie. Sandler takes a break from comedy and does a spectacular job. I was concerned it might be another “Punch-Drunk Love”, but it was nothing like that. Sandler and Cheadle were very convincing as former college roommates. Did I mention that it was an excellent movie?

So guys, just gut out the chick flicks. You can rent a good movie the next time…..

No comments: