Wednesday, June 04, 2008

from 0.29 to 3.99.....

About once a week I'll go into the bonus room, plop my ever-increasing rear end onto the sectional, press the OnDemand button on the remote, and watch part of "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby." I'll watch random parts, from the dinner scene to the various commercials.

Monday night I watched the scene where a young Ricky Bobby drives the car while his mom is in the convenience store. All he wanted to do was to go fast. I had Sara come in and watch it because the young actor looked just like a little boy on our street. Just as Little Ricky backed out of the parking lot, Sara noticed something. "Wait!", she said. "Did that sign say gas was just 34 cents????" I told her that I remembered when gas was as low as 29 cents. The look on her face was like I'd just told her there was no such thing as an iPod.

Now gas is so expensive that some pumps in New York can't compute.....

No comments: