Tuesday, June 17, 2008

lucky to be alive to see this.....

How many times in life do we stop and think about the things that we're able to see on a regular basis? I think about all the things my 87-year-old grandmother has witnessed during her lifetime. How she lived through the Depression, and how she's seen the inventions of both television and the Internet.


Maybe I'm overstating this just a bit, but the ability to see Tiger Woods play golf may be one of the things we take for granted. Face it, he's brought the game of golf to a new level. Not just his ability to play, but his ability to draw fans to the game. People who don't even care that much about golf watch when Tiger's in contention. I watched the final 5 holes in the bonus room with the bride, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law and my brother-in-law Sunday evening. We've never watched anything together on television unless it was a wedding video.


Did Tiger play flawlessly? Not at all. But he did make the shots when it counted. The putts on 18 on both Sunday and Monday to force the playoffs took an incredible amount of concentration and guts.


I love to play golf. I don't get to play that often, but I love to play. But as Nicklaus once said, Mr. Woods plays a much different game than I.....

No comments: