Monday, July 25, 2005

two observations, and some other stuff.....

Here's a couple of things I observed over the weekend:

Why I believe that people are smarter than dogs - I've yet to see a human being take a whiz and have another human beling come up and sniff the results. I'm just sayin'.

Hair color and females - Women/girls have this strange facination with (1) wanting to change/enhance their hair color, and (2) wanting to change the hair color of their friends. Maybe things have changed quite a bit over the past 20+ years, but I don't remember any of my friends in high school or college ever asking me if they could color my hair. Again, I'm just sayin'.

I turned 41 on Saturday. I remain very blessed to have 3 beautiful ladies in my life who love me despite my one or two (thousand) faults. On the way to dinner Saturday night, we played the "are we going to make it to Chili's on this tank of gas" game. We set the trip computer on the van to the countdown mode, where the display allowed us to view just how much further we could go on our current tank of gas. We went the last two miles seeing that we could go approximately 1 mile more. I felt like Kramer and "that other guy" from the Saab dealership, trying to see just how far past the "E" we could go. Actually, I didn't really enjoy the game all that much. I'm one of those people who can't stand to see the "low gas" light come on in the car. We did make it the the Kroger gas pumps in time. I don't plan on playing that game again anytime soon.

No comments: