Wednesday, July 27, 2005

apparently, he still uses leaches.....

I know a person who has been coughing for one month - solid. About every 2-3 minutes, I hear a series of barks. On top of that, this person says that the cough limits her sleep to about 3 hours a night. A couple of weeks ago I suggested they see a doctor about this nagging cough. The reply was "No, I know my doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for it. He doesn't like to write prescriptions." (I had bad allergies as a child. Dr. Flannary kept me on some kind of medication most of the year. To my knowledge, I never suffered any ill effects from the medication. Although Mom and Dad said that I liked to listed to Pink Floyd alot while I was sick. Must have been the medicine.)

I'm not a doctor. I've never pretended to be a doctor. I have no medical training. But seems to me that if I were a doctor and a patient came to me with a chronic cough, I'd figure out some way to cure this person.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there's one of two things going on here. Either this person doesn't like going to the doctor, or the doctor uses leaches to bleed away illnesses. Either way, I think I'd be looking for another doctor.

No comments: