Tuesday, July 12, 2005

maybe it's just me.....

I met the bride and the girls at Green Hills Mall during lunch yesterday. Apple has a retail outlet there, and we had some trouble using the i-Trip adapter for Meg's iPod Mini, so we went to get some expert advice. Let me just say that the Apple people are very creative with all their accessories for the iPod products. Part of me thinks that creative is just another word for high-priced rip-off stuff, the other part of me is jealous that I didn't think of it first. (I mean, come on, socks for your iPod? Who comes up with this stuff?) We learned that the i-Trip doesn't work all that well in the Nashville area. It's supposed to transmit music from your iPod to an FM frequency and play through any stereo. Well, it does play, but the distortion is terrible. We talked to another customer there who suggested we try something different, so we're going to go that direction with it.

If you live in the Nashville area, you know there's really no good (quick) way to get from downtown to Green Hills. Even the back streets can get congested. True to form yesterday, I hit every possible red light on the way out there. I left my three girls at the mall and headed back to work. The traffic lights weren't as bad, but I got behind every possible old person that was out yesterday. The first guy didn't get above 25 in a 35; followed him for 1.2 miles. Just when I thought I was free, I got behind another guy doing 15 in a 40; this went on for almost 2 miles. And it wasn't like he was lost, looking for a street to turn on, he was just slow. So here's what I'd like for Congress to propose:

If you are retired and you must be on the roads between the hours of 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM (when people who work normally take their lunch hour - again, it's just an hour), you must go the speed limit. If not, you are subject to a citizen's arrest. First offense, your license will be suspended for 1 month. Second offense, your license will be suspended for 6 months. Third offense, complete loss of license for 1 year you have to pay the car insurance for the person who arrested you for 1 year. Seems fair enough to me.

Next I've got to work on retirees taking all the good doctor's appointments.....

No comments: