Friday, July 22, 2005

don't throw that away.....

Ask anybody in our house and they'll tell you that I'm quick to get rid of things. My logic is that if you haven't used it in 12 months, you're probably never going to use it again, so go ahead and get rid of it. And the way I get rid of things is to give them away or throw them away. I HATE garage sales with a passion. Too much hassle for too little return.

One of my favorite toys growing up was Billy Blastoff. With the first moon walk happening July 20, 1969, any toy having to do with rockets or outer space was hot. (I remember my birthday cake had a plastic rocket on top of it when I was 5.) That Christmas, Billy Blastoff was under the tree for me.

A few nights ago I was browsing on e-Bay and decided to look for Billy Blastoff. Holy cow! Sets that may have cost $20-$30 in 1970 are now going for sometimes $300 and up. The single Billy action figure costs around $50.

So if you or your kids have a quirky toy, hang onto it for a little while. They could be worth something one day.....

No comments: