Tuesday, July 26, 2005

an interesting find.....

After mowing in the sauna that we call the outdoors last night, I started putting up my lawn equipment. As I wheeled my mower back to its spot, I noticed a notebook on the garage floor. Since Sara holds "school" out there, I assumed it belonged to one of her "students." I started to put the notebook in one of the cubby holes, then decided to read a little bit of it. What I discovered was a bit surprising. Apparently Wally, the dog, has been keeping a journal. Here's Saturday's entry (along with his artwork from another part of the journal):

Rough day today. Got up, went outside, ate some food, took a nap. Had a bird trapped in my room, they call it a garage. The woman put me in a cage while the man got it out of my room. Tracked it for a few minutes, took a nap. Ate some more, took a nap. Barked at a few dogs. Not much new.

That man must really like me. He's always so loud when he talks to me. I guess he wants to make sure I can hear him. What a guy! I've figured out how to get him to give me extra food. Any time I need a snack, I just go outside and start barking. After a few barks, he puts food in my crate and closes the door to my room.

I play the "poor, pitiful me" card and Susie falls for it every time. It has been hot lately, so she made me some kind of flavored ice thing. She likes me too, I can tell. She likes to sit on the steps with me.


Meg and Sara are always good for alot of attention, although I don't see them much in the summer. They're always inside where it's cool. Me? I've got my room and my concrete floor, so it could be alot worse. Like I always tell my friend, Moe, I could still be wandering the streets of Clarksville, so life is good.

No comments: