Friday, February 22, 2008

to those who lack resolve, i salute you.....

Around the first of the year, the Franklin YMCA was packed. The bride and I had a hard time getting a treadmill, regardless of what time we went. After a few days, I started getting frustrated. But I remember telling the bride that it would start to thin out in about six weeks. And for one of the few times in my life, I was right.


We noticed the parking lot wasn't as full Wednesday afternoon. We went in and both got a treadmill. Same thing yesterday when I went. It's been just a little over six weeks since January 1.


(Before I go any further, let me say that I'm not a fitness fanatic. I have just found that my pants fit better if I run around 3 miles a day about 4 days each week.)


YMCAs and health clubs all over the country depend upon Americans to make New Years resolutions to lose weight every year. And every year they do. When they do, they decide to join that health club or their local YMCA. The bad thing is that most of us don't keep our resolutions.


And I may be one of those people again this year. I hope not, but it could happen. But until then, I'll just enjoy the open treadmills the others used to occupy.....

No comments: