Friday, February 15, 2008

teenage moment.....


I ran by church Wednesday night to hear Meg sing during Fusion. I took the back road as I usually do. It winds left, then right, and back again to the left before it straightens for the last couple of hundred yards. It's alot of fun to drive when no one else is on the road or in the car with me.

As I got on the road, I noticed a truck pull up beside of me. It would surge forward then ease off the gas and pull even with me. I saw a hand fly out the window. I realized it was a couple of Meg's friends taunting me and wanting to race. In a matter of a few seconds, I was a senior in high school again. I floored it and I caught up with them.

All of a sudden, a voice in the back of my head said, "Hey, wait a minute. Aren't you 43? What if you wreck? What if you cause those boys to wreck? You need to act like a grown-up." So I immediately let off the gas and let them pass on by. I could hear them screaming/celebrating as they pumped their fists out the windows.

Stupid voice.....

No comments: