Monday, February 25, 2008

#1 is nice.....













I've never seen a men's college basketball poll that had the University of Tennessee sitting at the top. But I'll have that pleasure a little later on today when the new AP and ESPN/USA Today polls come out.

I did my part for the win - orange boxers, Tennessee shirt, and I only washed my hands with orange soap during the day. With the Vols down late in the game, I realized my shirt was untucked. As I stood us and unbuttoned my jeans to tuck my shirt back in, the bride said, "What in the world are you doing?????" My reply was simple, "Just helpin' my team win, babe. Once this shirt gets tucked back in, we'll start winning again." And we did. Oh, and the players did their part, too.

Saturday night's game lived up to all the hype. The bride was very proud of me because I behaved myself. I didn't throw anything. I didn't scream. I didn't even do any pacing. And she made it all the way through the game in the same room as me.

Not much time to celebrate, though. The Big Orange comes to Nashville tomorrow night to play Vanderbilt. And they'll be gunning for Tennessee, trying to knock off the #1 team in the land. Can't wait to see the game.....

No comments: