Monday, April 02, 2007

so, about the prom.....

We waited. Meg stayed in her room, refusing to come out. She kept saying she was too nervous and that she decided she wasn't going to the prom. We pleaded with her. We tried everything to coax her out of her room. All to no avail. She simply wouldn't come out of her room. And just like that, all the fun in planning her first prom was out the window. Gone. All the dress and accessory shopping. For no reason. Yeah, right.....

Editorial note - truth be told, there's been an overabundance of estrogen in the house the past few days. I think I need a guys night out. Possibly even a night at a monster truck rally, and I don't even like monster truck rallies. I just need to be surrounded by a little more testosterone-related kinds of things. During the day Saturday there were times I had to just go outside, spit and scratch myself to keep all the femaleness at bay.

The 2007 Centennial High School prom was a success. So much so that I was told by a student that kids from the Brentwood Academy prom (going on at the same time in the same location) were bored and ended up crashing CHS's prom.

Between the two houses, I ended up taking 168 pictures and Sara took another 70 or so. Yeah, we went a little overboard. But almost all of them turned out well. Rather than post all 238, here's a few.....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! And I ain't talking about how big Meg's date looks. And to think we get to spend a whole week at the beach with her. That's better than getting your picture made with VANNA WHITE.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! (Along with the 2 other beautiful women in your life!) We miss you guys!