Tuesday, April 24, 2007

a case of mistaken identity.....

I'm always kidding the bride about trying to get in other vans that look just like hers. (She comes by this kind of thing naturally. A close relative of hers {cough} her mother {cough} likes to leave her purse on top of her car while she drives.) There are several vans in the Nashville area the same color as her van, so it's an easy thing to do. That's why what happened to me Sunday morning was so amusing to her:

Between church and class Sunday morning, I went to Krispy Kreme to pick up some doughnuts for the class that I help teach. I parked and went in, bought 3 dozen doughnuts and headed back out to the van. I hit the remote to unlock the van and heard the "beep-beep" telling me that it was now unlocked. Just as I got to the front of the van, I noticed three very large scrapes on the passenger side front bumper. I didn't show it on the outside, but inside I was livid. "I just spent yesterday morning detailing this thing, and now somebody hit our van without leaving a note! This had to happen in the church parking lot! I can't believe this!!!!!"

Still fuming, I opened the passenger door and put the doughnuts in the seat. But something wasn't right. I looked inside and said to myself, "Wait, we don't have leather seats in our van....." Embarrassed, I quickly retrieved the boxes from the wrong van and put them in the correct vehicle.

I didn't look back as I drove out of the parking lot.....

No comments: