Monday, April 16, 2007

so i'm half-way there.....

I noticed something Friday night when the bride and I went to Sam's. I've become an old man at the age of 42.

I'd spent the past 2 days in the office, not even getting out of the building for lunch, and the past couple of nights cooped up at home. I told the bride before coming home from the office that I wanted to get out Friday night. Even if it was just going to the mall, I needed to do something, anything, but sit in the house. We had planned to go to the mall but we got a later start than anticipated, so we ended up just going to Sam's to get a few things.

As I walked around Sam's Club, following the bride a couple of steps behind both her and the shopping cart, I looked up and saw a man in his 60's doing the same thing. About 30 seconds later, I saw another man in his 70's following a few paces behind his wife. A minute later, same thing. I said to myself, "Dude, you're one of them!"

I told the bride that I was an old man and why I had reached this conclusion. After looking around, she agreed with me.


We left soon after this because it was almost 8:30 and getting close to my bedtime.....

No comments: