Tuesday, August 15, 2006

welcome to another installment of the duh-zone.....


Last Friday afternoon, I was badly in need of some caffeine to make it through the rest of the day. The Idols concert from the night before left me tired, seeing has how I was up past 11:00 and that's way too late for someone my age.

On my way to the vending machines, I passed by someone from a department here in my building. I said, "Hey, D*, how are you doing?"

His response was, "Hey, Bill."

That's funny, I mused to myself. That's the second person in the past few weeks to call me Bill! Oh, well, I thought. No big deal.

As D passed me, he started singing the chorus to the song "Shannon." I thought to myself, he's singing that terrible song. I can't believe this! I just wrote about how much I despised that song a few days ago. What a coincidence!

No, please, don't get ahead of me. Just wait for it.

I got back to my desk and it finally hit me. D had obviously read my blog. Duh. See how bad I needed the caffeine? I ran into D during lunch yesterday and we had a good laugh over it.

With D reading my blog, I now have a readership in excess of 4 people.....

*Alias provided to prevent damaging this person's character

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear "Bill" OFIT -

How surprised and delighted I was to see that you wrote about me! Yes, there are at least 4 or more that read the OFIT. And - I'm glad to know that there are others who think more like me - outside this uptight corporate culture we live in.

We need to do lunch and "Provence"!

I'll have to ask you why you have such a problem with "Shannon" and Harry Gross. Is it because he sings in falsetto like a woman? I suspect there's something deep seated in this. We'll have to see.....
How do you feel about the BeeGees???

Your pal - D*

wstaple said...

D,

I actually really like the Bee Gees. I wore out the Saturday Night Fever album, along with the old Bee Gee's live album growing up. As for "Shannon", it's probably the falsetto thing PLUS the fact that it's a horrible song. Mostly because I just don't like the song.

Anonymous said...

OK, OK, make me number 5 that reads your blog. My bride got me hooked. So if she was not 1 of the original 4 I guess that makes me number 6. I never knew you were paying attention in Writing class at ole SCHS. You've kinda got a cult following up here in East Tennessee. Go Vols...CTM

wstaple said...

Cool, I always wanted my own cult!