Thursday, August 10, 2006

i've got my lighter ready.....


Last week the bride and I decided to surprise the girls with tickets to the American Idol concert in Nashville. When I first thought about doing it, I considered taking just the girls because I didn't think the bride would want to come. But when I mentioned it to her, she said she definitely wanted to go.

I've never had a desire to go to an Idol concert until this year. But this year's talent will make it a good one to see. Reviews of the tour that I've read say that all of those in the top 10 are entertaining.

We've all got our favorites. Meg wants to see Ace, he of beautiful teeth and hair (according to Meg); Sara wants to see Chris and Taylor; the bride wants to see several of them; and, of course, I'm going for the Taylor concert.

I think Meg is scared that I'll embarrass her at the concert tonight. I'll make a promise here in this public forum that I WILL NOT take my shirt off and throw it on the stage at any point during the concert. Except maybe for Pickler.....

No comments: