Thursday, August 24, 2006

remember, it's a work in process.....

I'm still working on my train layout. The bride and our daughters got me a nice N scale train set for Christmas, and I've been toiling away on the layout ever since. I've still got a long way to go on it, but it's been fun building the buildings and wiring for lights.

A couple of weeks ago I took a few pictures of what I've done so far and here they are:




This is a view from the southeast side of town, just beyond the tracks.









Overhead view of the town (oblong) circle.







View of the freight station and back side of town. The Monsters, Inc. poster really gives it an authentic look, huh?






View of the town from the northwest. You can see the trolley tracks in the foreground, and the town church at the head of the circle. Not sure of the church's denomination yet.


Overhead view of the entire layout. The passenger station depots and steps are missing from these pictures; not sure why because they were the first structures built. The pond/lake is dry for the moment, and the dock is missing even though it's been built for some time. There will be a school in front of the pond/lake. Just across the track from the pond will be a small neighborhood. The roads are still under construction. I need to build some kind of factory for the layout. Trees, shrubs and grass still need to be installed. I'm thinking about a hill/mountain somewhere in the town but I'm not sure where.

I haven't gotten to the point of wearing and engineer's cap and saying things like "all aboard!" and "choo-choo" when I run my trains. I guess that's something that might happen over time. Once this layout is finished, I want to start another one - hopefully a bigger one. Those words aren't exactly music to the bride's ears. But she's the one that got me started, so it's really her fault.....

No comments: