Monday, August 21, 2006

just a few things.....

* I started cleaning out the garage last weekend. Our garage had gotten to the point that it looked like a tornado had come through and had thrown all our stuff to the sides. Now that I've gone through it all and sorted out what needs to go, it looks like the tornado has come through again - only this time it left the walls clean and the middle of the garage in chaos. There were a few things I wanted to take to the dump that the bride wanted to keep. Good thing I've cleared things out in the garage, because if I throw something out that she wants to keep I may need a place to sleep.

* I had the opportunity to play in a corporate golf tournament last week. I also watched Tiger tear up the field at the PGA over the weekend. It's obvious to me that we play very different games.

* Let's say that you're talking with someone about cars. And just for the sake of argument, let's say both cars are the same year and price. You say that the Lexus is a better car, and they say the Yugo is a better car. And they're convinced. In fact, when you try to sell them on why the Lexus is better, they give you a very confused look, like you've got a third arm growing out of your forehead. I had a conversation with someone this morning that went alot like that, and it had nothing to do with cars. I was dumbfounded. Still am.

* Economists aren't the most stimulating of speakers. Even when they try to tell a joke.....especially when they try to tell a joke. In fact, whenever you hear an economist say that a chart they're about to show you in their PowerPoint presentation is "sexy", you realize just how different your life is from his, and you're very grateful for it.....

No comments: