Monday, July 17, 2006

no need for the sears catalog any more.....

Yeehaw! We got us a turlet upstairs again! The girls are glad they no longer have to go out back. It wasn't so bad at night, but the neighbors were starting to stare during the day.

The original plumber who suggested that we just buy a whole new commode (because I dismantled the old one, thereby rendering it useless) said that he could come back the next day and install it. He told the bride that it would just take about an hour-and-a-half. When she told me that I said he was crazy. I've actually replaced an entire toilet before, and it just took me an hour. And as we've learned, I'm an idiot when it comes to toilet repair. It was going to take this guy, a person who plumbs for a living, 90 minutes to replace our toilet. I told the guy I carpool with that the only way it would take that guy an hour-and-a-half is if he took the new porcelain for a "trial run" after eating bad Mexican food for lunch (of course, I'm paraphrasing here).

We decided to let Home Depot do the installation instead. Took the guy 30 minutes total. That's taking out the old toilet, installing the new one, making sure it flushed properly and that there were no leaks, and taking the old one to his truck. 30 minutes. Think the other guy was getting paid by the hour?

By the way, we didn't want to spend a great deal of money on a new toilet, but we also didn't want to sacrifice comfort. We're pretty pleased with our choice.....

No comments: