Friday, July 28, 2006

dear vince.....

Dear Vince,

Congratulations on signing with the Titans yesterday! Wow, $58 million over 5 or 6 years is very impressive!

I hope you're getting settled in at home. All the Titans fans are glad you're here! Well, most of them are. And for those who wanted Leinart instead of you, what do they know anyway? You got the national championship ring last year and not him, right?

Listen, I know you're busy and all but, well, I'll just come out and say it. When a young man comes into a great deal of money all at once, there's always the tendancy that he'll get mixed up with all the wrong kinds of things. Be sure that you get into things where your money will do the most good. There are all kinds of charities and good causes in middle Tennessee, from churches to volunteer organizations. Or, hey, here's an idea right off the top of my head - how about if you were to provide college money for kids in the Nashville area, say Franklin, to be more specific? I'd even be glad to find the first two recipients for you.

Not everyone is blessed with great athletlic talent. Not everyone has the ablility to market themselves in front of millions and millions of people on the national championship stage. Some kids simply want to be graphic designers/interior designers and teachers. Giving them that chance would no doubt provide you with a great sense of pride.

So let me know what you think about this idea. When you consider that a couple hundred thousand is just about one-third of a percent of your total compensation package, you'd be giving so little to make such a difference in the lives of two kids.

Sincerely,

The OFIT

PS - I always wore the #10 on my jerseys when I played sports, too. Pretty cool, huh? OK then.....

No comments: