Monday, April 10, 2006

scary friday afternoon.....

As the four of us huddled in the laundry room under a blanket, we could hear the hail pelting our house. The sound it made against the windows was different than when it hit the sides of the house. I just knew I'd walk out of there and see my car smashed to pieces. Then it hit me - the damage that others around the mid-state had experienced was much worse than that. I felt a little guilty worrying about my car.

We went outside and viewed the golfball-sized hail on the ground. A neighbor's back windshield had been knocked out, so we helped her secure a tarp to prevent any further water damage. Kids scurried about collecting pieces of hail in Ziploc bags.

Our prayers go out to all those who lost so much last Friday.











Clockwise, from the left: the path of the tornado cut through the Woodhaven subdivision in Gallatin; a little girl outside the Metro Baptist Church in Goodlettsville; another leveled house in Gallatin; the Toyota dealership in Gallatin.

No comments: