Wednesday, April 05, 2006

review from last night's ai.....


Here's my take on last night's show:

Taylor - He's my favorite, I'm picking him to win it all. He sang the song well, but it was a terrible choice for him. Slow and boring. (Definitely not up there with "Living for the City" or "Takin' it to the Streets.) Wish he'd done something from Ray Charles "Country and Western" album. But with his fan base, he's safe again.

Mandisa - Very wrong song, and the clothes didn't help.

Ace - Good song choice, although I didn't think it was as good as the bride and Meg thought it was. But I don't think Meg judges Ace purely on his singing ability.

Kellie - Probably the best of the night. She was in her element.

Chris - Did a good job, but the ballad song style showed a few kinks.

Elliot - Another good performance. Safe again this week.

Katharine - Right up there with Kellie for the night. Her stage presence, delivery and voice are superb. Doubt she's in the bottom three again tonight.

Paris - Much more subdued compared to last week. She did OK.

Bucky - This was his genre, but he was off-key during the first verse.

My prediction for who's going home tonight - either Mandisa or Paris.

Next week's theme? Queen. Yep, Queen. I can think of about 4-5 popular Queen songs. I wonder who'll end up singing "Fat Bottomed Girls".....

No comments: