Monday, September 19, 2005

yep, i'm guilty.....

OK, I admit it. Philip Fulmer, Randy Sanders, the media, they all duped me. I believed that Tennessee had a shot at the national title this year. In other words, I drank the Kool-Aid.

At the end of the first half, I still believed that we were going to win. The defense was putting Leak on his rear end, and he looked to be losing confidence. And there was nothing special about our special teams. Three big miscues - a blocked field goal (no one bothered to put a helmet on the guy who blocked it), a fumbled punt return (you have to look at the ball all the way into your hands), and a botched fake punt (huge freshman mistake) led to a loss in the Swamp.

As much as I hate to say it, Florida took advantage of our mistakes and scored off of them. Now we have another away game in another hostile environment at LSU this Saturday night. Looking at the rest of our schedule, we may be in for a 4-loss season. And this was supposed to be the year for a title chase.....

No comments: