Thursday, September 15, 2005

put it in writing.....

Ever do any forward thinking? Twenty years ago that would have meant making sure I had a racquetball court reserved for later in the week. Over time you do more forward thinking, and you take it a little more seriously.

I've started writing my thoughts down whenever I've got a big decision to make. They say it helps to put it in writing. While it may not make things instantly obvious, it can be a start. By just letting your thoughts fly and recording them, you can come back and review them later. They may not make any sense later, or they may lead you to consider things you didn't think about before.

Meg and I were on a walk the other day and she started talking about what she wanted her minor to be in college? HUH? She's thinking about her college minor at 15? I think I was too busy counting down the days until my first car date when I was 15. (By the way, I came home 45 minutes late from my first car date and got grounded for 6 weeks. Time management wasn't my thing back then.)

I've been accused of over-planning things, from my work schedule even to vacations. I do tend to go overboard at times, but the way I look at it - it's better than not planning at all.....

No comments: