Wednesday, September 28, 2005

ready for home again.....

As I write this, it’s not even 7:00 PM and I’m feeling the time change. My plane leaves tomorrow morning at 8:28, which means I’ll need to catch the 6:00 AM shuttle to the airport. But leaving early puts me into Nashville by 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, and that will give me time to spend with my 3 girls.

Overall the conference was good. I got to sit in on a few good sessions, and I was able to hear 3 “famous” people speak: Carolyn Kepcher, EVP with Trump’s organization, and the scary woman on “The Apprentice” (she was OK at best as a speaker); Mike Abrashoff, former commander of the U.S.S. Benfold (very good, low-key motivational type of speaker); and Mike Eruzione, captain of the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team that beat the Russians and went on to win the gold medal (very good - even though nothing he said was earth-shattering, the way he said it was great.)

But the best thing about the conference is that Dad and I got to hang out together during the week. We spent most of the afternoon today at Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39. I rode an official San Francisco cable car for the first time today. Cool way to travel, in both the hip meaning of the word and temperature-wise.

So in less than 24 hours, I’ll be home with my girls. Can’t get here fast enough for me…..

No comments: