Saturday, September 24, 2005

no, not that guy.....

Standing in the Dallas/Fort Worth airport on Saturday, I’m already sizing up my potential seat mates for the 3-hour-and-45-minute flight to San Francisco. The plane is about 15 minutes late for takeoff already, and people are getting restless.

There’s the really large guy (RLG). That’s who I usually have to sit beside. Then there’s the overly chatty lady (OCL) who’s talking to everyone with whom she comes into contact. And over to my left is the overtly gay guy (OGG) who’s grooving to his i-pod. I’m standing there wondering which one of these it will be.

But it wasn’t RLG, OCL or OGG. It was Faye. Faye from Maryland. Faye seemed amazed that I was watching sitcoms on my notebook computer. Faye liked to lean over me about every 37.2 seconds and look out the window. Faye could tell what my profession was because of the book I was reading. Faye was with a travel group.

No, I wasn’t rude to Faye. She was a sweet lady, and I was cordial. And it could have been worse…..I could have had to do “the bump” with OGG…...

No comments: