Monday, March 28, 2005

my new enemy.....

I've never been the kind of person to have an enemy. I can usually get along with just about anyone. Sure, there are people I'd just as soon not be around, but I can almost always find a way to tolerate them. However, the older I get, the more detestable I find him to be.....

I see him every morning in the bathroom. Short and squatty, with one judgemental eye staring up at me. He's white, but it wouldn't matter if he was black, brown or yellow, he'd still have the same effect on me. Though I tower above him, he coils and waits to strike me with information.....information that I'd rather not hear. Superman had his Lex Luther; Batman dealt with The Joker and The Riddler. My nemesis? The bathroom scales.....

I'm not sure how it was possible, but I believe I gained 73 pounds over the long weekend. I ate, knowing there would be consequences, but I didn't worry about it. I ate at Pal's for the first time in about a year - small chili burger and frenchy fries. If they had a Pal's in the Nashville area, I'd probably weigh 400 pounds.

The problem is, Johnson City isn't Vegas. Because whatever I eat in JC doesn't STAY in JC, it follows me back home. Oh, and another way to tell your getting old? When those "Body by Jake" commercials start to look convincing.....

No comments: