Wednesday, March 09, 2005

all dressed up and nowhere to get her picture made.....

I'm not really sure who the bride had to pose for her last drivers license picture. When I look at it, I have a difficult time realizing that it's supposed to be her. But she was determined not to let that happen again.

I got a call Monday morning at about 9:30 from my bride. She was upset because she had gotten out of the house early that morning to go get her license renewed, and the station was closed. How dare they not be open on a Monday morning! In a kidding way, I said something like, "And I bet your hair was just right and you had the perfect outfit on, too!" She confirmed my suspicion.

I've got to be honest with you on this one - guys don't put that much thought into going to have their licenses renewed. You go, pray that you don't have to wait three hours, and hope they don't snap the picture at a moment that you look like someone whose elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor, then you leave.

But if you think about it, the bride's way of doing this might just make sense. I mean, you're stuck with the picture for 5 to 10 years, so why not make it a good one? You're not looking for a "Glamour Shots" pose or anything, just something decent that won't make the lady at Home Depot laugh when she asks to see your photo ID.

Here's to my bride's new picture on her license, and here's to hoping I recognize the lady on the license when I see the new one.....

No comments: