Thursday, March 10, 2005

i'm either maturing or cracking up.....

I believe the bride and I took around 175 pictures on our trip last week. We culled out the ones that were either too much like the others or the bride's hair didn't look right in all that wind, burned them to a CD, and I took them to Wolf on the way home last night to have them developed. Much to my surprise, they said they could have them for me in about an hour. (One thing that's always burned me up about Wolf is that they claim to have one-hour service, yet most of the time they say they can't have them back to me within an hour. OK, so I feel better about them now.)

So I'm walking around the mall, looking for the sale racks in Hecht's, Parisian and Dillards. Nothing I just had to have, so I kept on walking. After hitting these stores and a few more, I still had 30 minutes to kill. I headed for Electronic Express, only to realize when I got there that they had moved out of the mall. Then I did something I would have never done nine months ago.....I went into a (gasp) bookstore!

I felt a little funny going in there, because usually the only time I'm in a place like Walden Books is when I'm going in to get the bride or one of our girls out of there. I went to the new release shelf (or whatever it's called) at the front of the store and picked up the new John Grisham book, The Broker. I read the synopsis on the inside cover. "Hey, this looks good!", I thought to myself. Then I picked up another book, "The Five People You Meet In Heaven." After reading the synopsis on this book, it looked like another book I would want to read. I made a mental notes of these book titles so that I would remember to check them out next time I go to the library.

So I'm either maturing or cracking up. I'll assume that it's the former, but I'll fight the maturation process with all that's in me. But maybe, and I'm just saying MAYBE, I can enjoy reading and still act like an idiot the rest of the time. I'll let you know how that goes.....

1 comment:

cac said...

I haven't read the "5 people to talk to in heaven" book but I read Tuesdays with Moorie by the same author..that was an excellent book so if you like the 5 people book you might want to check out Tuesdays