Friday, February 18, 2005

working for the weekend.....

Those great philosophers in the band LoverBoy knew exactly what they were talking about. Because let's face it, no matter how much you enjoy your job, you're basically doing your job so that you can have money to do what you really want to do with your life.

I really do love my job. I'm able to do alot of things that I've always wanted to do, and for the most part I work with and around people I like. But as much as I love my job, there are much more important things in my life. It's almost like when I leave my office, I can't wait to drive home and start enjoying that aspect of my life.

For example, tonight's the big father/daughter dance with Franklin-area girl scout troops. Tomorrow Mom and Dad will be at our house and will stay until Sunday morning. Tomorrow afternoon my sisters and their family will be at our house. All fun stuff; stuff that matters.

So this week is wrapping up, with all of its meetings and proposals. Next week should be a blur, with a few more meetings and getting ready for a trip with the bride. More on that next week.....

No comments: